Heavy-duty vehicles retrofitting by
Dual Fuel Liquid Natural Gas technology
FOR THE ASSIGNMENT OF THE FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT FOR THE SUPPLY OF CNG CYLINDERS FOR COMPRESSED METHANE AND RELATED SOLENOID VALVES, BOTH APPROVED R110, WITH REFERENCE TO THE LIFE DUALNG PROJECT.
Heavy trucks and circulating buses belonging to Euro 3, Euro 4 and Euro 5 emission classes are an important part of the current fleet of heavy trucks and buses actually circulating in Europe.
The DUALNG proposal intends to investigate the feasibility and deploy a full business plan supporting an innovative, cost-effective and environmentally sustainable system able to improve the environmental performance of heavy vehicles for the transport of goods and people, with reference to Euro 3, Euro 4 and Euro 5 emission classes, through the adaptation of diesel engines to work with a controlled mixture of diesel and natural Gas.
It is the conversion of a diesel engine vehicle into one using a technology based on a controlled diesel + methane fuel system that allows the transport professional to significantly reduce emissions.
1. To implement a wider scale demonstration project by installing the kit, over two years, on 50 HDV vehicles (either buses and trucks), in order to validate the dual-fuel technology on real-scale road tests.
2. To analyse and prove the environmental benefits (through LCA, LCC, Integrated Assessment
Modelling) and the social and economic advantages for HDV owners who retrofit their vehicle.
3. To communicate the project results to a wide target audience, in order to raise awareness of all
interested end-users and policy makers.
4. To involve, by dedicated round-tables, all value chain stakeholders and especially policy makers who have the crucial role to set-up incentives schemes for HDVs retrofitting programmes to support the diffusion of dual-fuel technology in the EU. Regional and national authorities, as well as relevant stakeholder and customers, will be involved through the cooperation of the Lombardy technology clusters for mobility (CLM), Energy (LE2C) and Green Chemistry (LGCA), from which we have received already explicit letters of endorsement.
- compared to a diesel-powered heavy vehicle of Euro V class - :
Can not find what you are looking for?
Don't worry, we are here to help you, fill out the form or call us:
+39 030 2170249
BM Carrozzerie S.r.l.
Via Del Palazzo, 2
25010 Montirone - Bs